Content :- Position and responsabilities
- Current students
- Available positions
Positions and responsabilities
Zenon is the french Climate Tech think tank.
- Energy demand modeling - Temporal and spatial demand modeling, building retrofits at the territory scale, evolution of heating, low carbon industry, role of hydrogen.
- Planing and operation of multi-energy systems - Electric network planing (transport/distribution), hydrogen production systems planing, multi-energy systems.
- Integration of Renewables - Short terme forecasting of renewable production, price and demand. Land use and energy. Optimal mix of flexibility.
- Energy markets - Market price dynamic modeling. Regulation and actor modeling.
- Deputy head of Energy Major for “cycle ingénieur civil” of MINES Paris PSL. Around 30 students every year. Head of Energy Major is my colleague Bruno Duplessis
- Head of PESTO Energy Transition. Six weeks of courses, projects, visits and conferences for students of le Corps des mines
- Head of “mini-projets de l’UE-14” du cycle ingénieurs civils. Energy-climate projects for 1st year students (list of past year projects available on the link).
- Evolution du système électrique dans un contexte de transition énergétique. One week course+practical work (available for MINES Paris PSL students but also to external)
- Courses and conferences for ingeneering and business schools on energy transition and low carbon economy (1h to 12h).
Current students (Postdoc and PhD students)
Demand prospective modeling, industry decarbonation, renewable variability simulation, offshore wind power and hydrogen production. Funded by ENGIE Impact and french government.
Modeling of the electric distribution system and its evolution in the energy transition context. Impact of electrification of heating and transport, and of renewable electricity production. Value of flexibility in low voltage network. Postdoc funded by Roseau Technologie and french government.
Large scale machine learning for bottom up modeling of energy consumption. Postdoc funded by french DSO ENEDIS .
Hydrogen deployment trajectories in energy hub. PhD partially funded by Air liquide.
Evaluation of thermal retrofit potential at the territory scale in the context of the energy transition. PhD funded by CSTB.
Modeling of industry decarbonation and its impact on the electric system. Funded by Institut Carnot MINES.
Optimisation of decision making for PV+hydrogen+storage projects. CIFRE PhD funded by Verso Energy.
Vectors coupling in the 2050 european energy system. CIFRE PhD funded by french TSO RTE.
LCA of building renovation toward carbon neutrality. PhD funded by CSTB.
Optimisation of medium voltage DC connection architechtures. CIFRE PhD funded by french TSO RTE.
Planning of multi-energy system. PhD funded by the PlaneTerr project, in collaboration with several french energy system compagnies.
Coupling optimisation methodology for energy system planning. PhD funded by the PlaneTerr project, in collaboration with several french energy system compagnies.
Available or upcomming positions
Multi-energy planing, 4 PhD thesis to start in 2023 and 2024 and a postdoc.
Multi-energy planing, Energy transition modeling, …
For an internship at PERSEE, please contact me directly. For an internship at Zenon as an analyst (see here for possible subject) and send an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Some of our upcomming papers (submitted or in preparation) are listed below: